Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th

My lesson was today, It was good, I have an awesome instructor.  But I thought I would be all cleaver and get Whin going forward by hacking her out on the trail before my lesson.
Fail. She walked at a funeral pace the whole time, and then I didn't have enough time to get her going off my leg before my lesson. Ohh well now I know what not to do.

Other than being behind my leg (and therefore a little more on the forehand than is to be desired) Whin was very good.  We worked on some new things today which is always exciting, we started Renvers and played around with a little half pass.  We have a long way to go but it was fun to introduce new movements.

Just last week in my lesson the shoulder in clicked, we had a light bulb moment and the shoulder in became easy, I am still waiting for that to happen with the Haunches in once I get her bent enough the forward shuts down, I just have to figure out what I am doing to get in the way the haunches in.

Our canter walk transitions are coming along going to the right we get a trot step sometimes, going to the left we stop so fast it would make a reining horse jealous (ok not really).

Happy Independence day


All Fat Bay Mares Can Hardly Ever Kick

No comments:

Post a Comment