Sunday, July 14, 2013

5 tips for memorizing dressage tests

I am dreadful at memorizing tests. Then get me stressed and throw me in the arena and it gets even worse! 
So I thought I would share some of the tricks I use to keep those test firmly in my brain.

1. Draw a mini arena and draw the test out with a pencil or pen

2. Make a mini arena with imaginary or real dressage letters and do the test on foot.

3. Watch the test you are going to ride on Youtube. 

4. Visualize yourself riding the test when your falling asleep, board at work, on a bus etc. 

5. Ride the test on your horse. I used to be very opposed to this, because horses seem to be so keen on memorizing the tests, however for me it is absolutely necessary, its very hard to get the feel of riding the movements correctly and in order if you never do it. So use sparingly, but it can really help.

A Fine Bay Mare Came Home Eating Kale

No comments:

Post a Comment