Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Flying Changes, and I mean flying

I had a illustration conference and then got a cold so poor Whin was neglected for the past 4 days. but I got well for my riding lesson. We took it easy today as I was still recovering from my cold. However we did work on the flying change. 
It was better, as in I got some reaction instead of Whin just going, "I have no idea why you are flopping around like that so I am going to pretend I don't notice it". we picked up counter canter and in the corner turned her a little sharply and viola she changes... but only in front.
The first time we stopped her from cross cantering. the Second time (note there was now a lady letting her horses buck around on the lounge at this point) She only changed the front again, but this time my trainer told me to ask again, after asking a few more times and a tap with the whip the hind leg changed. 
My trainer clapped I dropped a rein to give her a big pat and whoosh, we launched into the stratosphere. It did take me an embarrassing amount of time to get her under control due to the fact I was one handed but I stayed on so no biggy.
The last time we got the hind leg  quicker (in just a few more strides), I know this really isn't a real flying change and is more flying than change but, It gives me hope that one day she will do them properly!

All King Edwards Horses Call Me Blessed Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment