Monday, February 24, 2014

Catch up

Whin and her new boyfriend
 
So last Thursday I had a lesson, It was really good we worked on Flying Changes and Half pass. The way we did flying changes before was not working... at all. She was just learning to be more and more balanced in the counter canter (which I am not complaining about.)
So we fiddled around with it and if I really half halt and then aid for the new lead she will take a tiny walk step and switch leads.

So that is where we are with the Flying Change.

Half pass started off good and then I got a little discombobulated and it went down hill. The movement doesn't fluster Whin, its just getting me to aid correctly, I think that will come soon, but now at least I know what is should feel like.

All in all I have been very happy with Whin lately, I also found  an article on why mares are better than geldings, if you have a mare you should give it a look.

Also Whin found a new boy friend to add to her harem.  Aren't they cute together? I think a Pas De Duex is in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment