Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Canter transitions

I worked on transitions yesterday, with in the gait and between gaits, Whin did really well. Whin likes to lean on the reins or I like to hold(...which came first the chicken or the egg). any ways I have been trying to lighten all my aids not grip with my leg not hold with my hands. I think I am getting better, but I still have a long ways to go.

Whin was great though she was lighter than normal and our canter is really starting to improve, simple changes get her excited but also get her very balanced. We also got a clean change, I was very  pleased with that. It was right lead to left lead. That seems to be her easier way.  Considering I hadn't tried them in a week and a half I am really pleased that she got one! 

I will continue with trying the changes once every ride, that seems to  be  enough that she gets the idea in her head but not so much that she gets upset about them.

Today will be a hack day. Whin's and my brain need a break!

All King Edwards Horses Can Make Best Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment