Saturday, August 3, 2013

Catch up

EEkk so I haven't blogged in ages... so much for me trying to remember what I learned in each ride.  Any ways I will try and recap what I learned this week.
Tues. taught me that when Whin has lots of days off that she get all weird. Way behind my leg, and it doesn't help that we are trying to develop a second level frame and she just doesn't think it's possible.

Wed. was my lesson and I feared all the weird sticky canter on the spot junk was going to ooze over, but no not at all. She was an angel the whole time. forward in a good frame, it was great we even found a new notch in the lengthening, the first time I stopped her, I don't know why, maybe it was to much awesome lengthening for me to handle. Also I learned that although  our shoulder in and haunches in have been improving the angle still varies. Some thing to work on.

Thurs. was a hill work day.

Fri. She was very good again, we got the awesome lengthening again, but this time I didn't stop it. I also feel that I kept my leg off of her which is a big accomplishment. I have a horrible habit of clinging with my leg, and I wonder why she is behind the leg... I still need to work on the shoulder and haunches in, but at least I have about 9 months before I have to pull that out at a show.

All King Edwards Horses Can Make Best Friends




No comments:

Post a Comment