Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Video


I got to ride Whin today, seriously I feel like I haven't hardly ridden her lately. It was a snowy cold day today which had Whin a little on edge.

Before I even got on Whin was giving me the signs that she might be evil twin today (She actually is a twin)  So I started off with some ground work to try to get her brain with me. I did some turns on the forehand, halts and turn on the haunches. When she was able to halt I hopped on and started our ride. A friend was there so I forced her to take pics.

They aren't the best quality and she was only there for the warm up but I just cant get enough pictures of my Whin!


We just worked on shoulder in haunches in, because that is a nice controlled exercise, she wanted to blow up once but she let me diffuse it.
We did do some Canter shoulder in she thinks that is hard. I haven't done very much lateral work in the canter so it is time to get on that!

The good news is that now I am feeling confident in my canter walk transitions. We got every tranistion but one, and I knew she wasn't collected enough to do it. So as long as I stick to my guns and collect her canter, I think those will not be a problem.



I am just crossing my fingers that this video works. This is also from out warm up. Please don't Judge us too harshly!


All King Edwards Horses Call Me Blessed Fool

No comments:

Post a Comment