Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Monday, Monday

Whin has decided that she is a very, very good girl.
While my trainer was out of town she tried on the evil twin shoes (she actually does have a twin but is more of a free spirit so she doesn't wear shoes.)
However when my trainer got back in town and told me to get after her for bucking and throwing herself about while I rode her, and it has all stopped and I am quite sure she has become some sort of magic creature who can read my thoughts.
(my mood towards Whin was not hurt at all by her earning a 70% last weekend)

But she has continued her superb attitude and we had a quick little ride yesterday 1. because no one turned on the lights in the arena (I don't have access to the room where the light switch is) 2. because she was an angel!

our second level test said that we didn't have enough bend in the 10 meter circles so we worked on that a bit. Did oodles of transitions (Carl Hester says do 200 transitions a day) and worked on half pass. She did every thing very nicely  so we stopped and I feed Whin copious amounts of cookies!

 Which Brings me to a product review

 

Mrs. Pastures horse cookies!

According to Whin they are the most delicious thing in the world along side her Safe Choice Performance.

Seriously, I think I have mentioned on this blog that Whin is a bit of a flirt, ok a huge flirt, so Whin was flirting with all the horses and calling an carrying on when  I unscrewed the lid of the cookie jar.
NOTHING else in the world mattered to Whin. Geldings who cares, all of her focus was on me and these cookies. She loves them!
The only down side is that they are a little large and hard to fit in your teeny tiny breeches pockets.
They may even play a roll in Whins angelic behavior.

so 4 hooves up for Mrs. Pastures!


All King Edwards Horses Can Make Best Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment